Explore the craft of cheesemaking, ripening, and grading cheese for sale from the point of view of the affineur. This combination of classroom instruction and discussion will include a trip to a local aging space for a tour of the facilities and discussion of affinage in practice. Topics include:
- Selection and Use of Ripening Cultures
- Bio-reactions between Microbes, Enzymes, and Cheese Components
- Affinage Techniques including Bloomy rind, Washed rind, Blue, Alpine, Grana, and Tomme Cheeses
- Cheese Grading and Quality Control, and
- Facility Design, Construction. and Maintenance of Cellars, Caves, and Brining/Drying Rooms
This session will be held at Parish Hill Creamery & Farm, Westminster West, VT. For availability, contact Rachel at Tel. 802.387.4041 or email@example.com Registration information and policies can be found here.