The Fundamentals of Cheesemaking: This 6 day intensive workshop is designed for those looking to develop or improve on a small-scale cheese business, and includes hands-on cheesemaking as well as information and discussion about cheese aging, facilities, equipment, regulations, sanitation and food safety, business planning, and creamery design. No prior experience necessary.
- Milk Properties
- Hands-On Cheesemaking
- Use of Starter & Ripening Cultures
- Facilities for Small-Scale Commercial Cheesemaking
- FDA and State Regulations
- Sanitation and Development of Food Safety Programs
- Affinage for the Cheeses made in Class
- Creamery Design
- Business Planning
This session will be held at Parish Hill Creamery & Farm, Westminster West, VT. For availability, contact Rachel at Tel. 802.387.4041 or firstname.lastname@example.org Registration information and policies can be found here.