Advanced Cheesemaking: Simplifying Difficult Cheeses
December 3 - 9, 2018
Advanced Cheesemaking is a six day intensive designed for cheesemakers who own or work for small-scale, licensed, commercial cheese businesses and want to expand product lines, experiment with new cultures and recipes, and improve quality. The focus is on making, aging, and controlling quality, and the session will revolve around hands-on cheesemaking and thorough discussion.
- Cheeses: Blues, Bloomy and Washed Rind, Tomme, Alpine & Grana
- Recipe Development
- Starter and Ripening Cultures, including Native Microbes
- Cheese Specific Aging Techniques
- Equipment & Facilities
- Cheese Grading & Quality Control
- Food Safety & FSMA requirements
Cost is $1200 for six day workshop. Participants are encouraged to bring cheeses for tasting and group evaluation.
This session will be held at Parish Hill Creamery & Farm, Westminster West, VT. For availability contact Rachel at 802.387.4041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Registration information and policies can be found here.